ROOM OF THE WEEK 5.27

The boy and I have been talking about moving this summer, and the very idea has me dreaming of new decor for our living room...
This room just found itself in first place for inspiration. I know what some of you are thinking... this is on the verge of boring. But, actually, it's just ripe for the designing. I'm dying for a fresh white couch to work off, and this room has two! Not to mention a few of those little pieces that add something special - the painting above the fireplace (is that bright gilding or just yellow in the frame? either way, i love it!), and a perfectly worn rug for warmth and color. The striped shades are perfection, but the striped pillows a bit too matchy. I'd swap those out for more pattern in soft colors. A few more decorative items and I'm right at home. Oh, and did I mention the patio...?
Indoor/outdoor at its best. Complete with ocean breezes flowing through sheer white curtains... this part of the dream will have to wait for another time (and climate).


*images via micasa revista