SERIES SUBMISSION: ARTIST DU JOUR

You may remember that while I was sunning myself in beautiful Mexico (feels like ages ago) I posted submissions from bloggers applying to be regular series contributors here on coco+kelley. Well, this week I'll be posting round two of these posts, starting with a piece that I think would be a welcome focus here from Michelle LeClerc - a series focused on highlighting artists of every kind!

A...
is for awesome. That's the first thing that comes to mind when I see the work of Typographer and Illustrator Jessica Hische. Hailing from Brooklyn New York, Jessica's hand-drawn letterforms are so sweet I want to sprinkle them on my cereal with a side of chocolate milk.
It's no secret that the deep indentation created by letterpress printing over soft cotton paper is a must-have for wedding announcements. Jessica's Hendrix Invitation Suite takes this time-tested technique to another level, accenting it with calligraphy so precise, the only word to describe it is criminal. (Available through www.bellafigura.com) These printed posters are a gorgeous tribute to type specimen pages. Highlighted by a wooden frame or alone, the color combination is welcome in almost any living room or office palette.Other highlights from Jessica's store include letter-pressed Viney Alphabet posters and individual Daily Drop Cap prints. Whether decorating your wall or paired with a red velvet cupcake, these pieces of visual candy are certain to cure any sweet tooth.


*Images via jessicahische.com & bellafigura.com

Don't forget - you, my readers have a voice in this process. I want to hear what you think of every post and series idea, so comment away! And, thank you Michelle for highlighting a lovely artist!