ROOM OF THE WEEK 5.13

Well, apparently I've declared this week my homage to preppy, feminine, and bold color statements, so I'm just going to keep the ball rolling with what might be one of the happiest rooms in my archives!
You can always count on Jamie Drake to take color to a whole other level, and in this room, he does just that. What makes it work, for me, is the way he used the lightest periwinkle blue to give the room such an airy feeling that you cant help but feel like you're floating in some dreamy bubble! I love his use of black in the rug and side tables to bring in a strong contrast but also ground the space a bit, and the addition of the striped slipper chair adds just a hint of masculinity, but also a very preppy feel. You'll notice that there's nothing really heavy about the accessories in this room - just lots of colorful glass and delicate modern artwork - which helps keep the color story while still maintaining the atmosphere. In a grander home than mine, I could definitely see a room reserved for a look like this! Could you?