Wedding Wednesday {Dress Redux}

I've discovered another bonus of a destination wedding is the opportunity to throw a hometown wedding reception, which we are doing this Saturday night. Extending the celebration is certainly fun, as is getting to wear my wedding dress a second time! 

My original plan was to shorten the dress for the reception. I've long been a big fan of the short wedding dress. Just look at this Monique Lhuiller - how fun would it be to wear that?!


But when it came time to take the scissors to the tulle, I just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm actually looking forward to experiencing that feeling of excitement and anticipation of putting on the dress again. 

If I could have my absolute fantasy scenario, I'd get to wear an entirely different dress for the reception - and in that fantasy land I'd go even BIGGER! I'm tellin' ya, the tulle goes straight the brain! But wouldn't you want to spend a night in one of these stunners?



Instead, I'm going to relish every single moment of being back in my wedding dress, partying with my friends, family and my HUSBAND all night long!


dress 1, 2 monique lhuiller via {this is glamorous} and junebug weddings, dresses 4, 5, 6, vera wang via junebug weddings, jumping bride via erin ever after