Our Wedding Reception!

Luvies, I can't believe I never posted our wedding reception! But I'm thrilled to share them with you now.  As our first anniversary {rapidly!} approaches it's so fun to look back through the images and remember the absolutely electric feeling of that night.

Key statistics: I never sat down, I never ate, I only managed to grab one drink and I never used the restroom - for six hours. And I loved every second of it!

As you probably remember - we held our wedding ceremony on a remote beach in Mexico. But still wanted to involve our entire circle of family and friends. So when we returned we threw a big ole' hometown party.

0400erin.chris.reception
Slide3
Slide1
Slide2
Slide4
jose-villa-beach-wedding-110014erin.chris.reception.highlights
Presentation4

A bit about the details:
We held our reception in a fantastic urban space - a former brewery in Seattle that had amazing high ceilings, cathedral windows and concrete floors. The perfect blanks slate for me to go bananas with!

The highlight for me, and really for everyone there that night, was a looping black & white video of our wedding ceremony that we projected, movie screen size, onto one of the blank walls. The fact that could see it from the street totally rocked.

We also had a welcome table decorated with Polaroids taken from the Mexico wedding ceremony so guests could see more of the special day. Vintage postcards from all over the world served as our guest book. Fans, sombreros and chalkboard signs for available for guests to play with in our photo booth. The rest of the room was adorned with cafe tables, benches, fresh farmers market flowers and candles candles and more candles. Our guests feasted on Mexican themed treats, noshed on a dessert bar of cookies and mini cream pies and enjoyed local beer and wine, all done DIY style.

All in all, it was a fantastic party with everyone we love and care about. And there's nothing better than that!

You can check out details of our wedding ceremony in Mexico on Style Me Pretty and my tips for planning a destination wedding on Green Wedding Shoes!


Our Vendors
Photography {Visions of Romance}
Event design {me, myself and I!}
Invitations {Brown Sugar Design}
Catering {Herban Feast}
Rentals {Rented Elegance}
Flowers {me, myself and I}
Photo booth {David Ryder Photography}
Wedding dress{Robert Bullock}