COCKTAILS AT SIX: THE BIG APPLE

Sometimes a city is home because you’re born there. Sometimes a city has a home in your heart because you choose to make it so (or in my experience, the city may choose you!).

I’ve never lived in New York City, but with a career in the fashion industry, at times it has felt like I might as well have! From the moment of my first taxi ride into Manhattan, I’ve felt that little gasp of excitement time & time again over the years - and when I go too long without a visit I do get quite homesick. Fall in New York (sigh!); in case you don’t make a visit yourself soon, sip on this apple inspired cocktail & close your eyes tight.

The Big Apple


1 cup sparkling apple cider
3 ounces whiskey
1 ounce dry vermouth
2 dashes bitters
1 lady apple (cut in 1/2 lengthwise)

Fill a large cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add apple cider, whiskey, vermouth, and bitters. Shake. Strain into two glasses. Garnish each with an apple half. Serves 2.

*images [ & recipe via blueprint issue No.2, we heart it, ]
recipe by shira bogar