Going on a Chair Hunt

Since announcing the Apt#34 inspiration contest last week, I've been keeping my eye out for pieces that I think match my original inspiration room,   especially chairs.  I must admit I'm a bit of chair addict.  A couch may anchor a room but I think the chairs are what give that room its personality.

Once again, here is the original inspiration room for the contest.



And here are some finds that I think fit the bill, starting with a stately pair of side chairs.  The dark wood gives the harder masculine feel that I'm looking for.


 Home of Christopher Jones via the love list

The playfulness of the fabric on this chair makes it pop, even though it's gray.



I've been a sucker for Anthro's Astrid chair for ages now, and this fall's version has the perfect color scheme.
I realize this Safari chair from Arne Norell may be stretching the acceptable design aesthetic a bit, but I grew up with one just like it (which sadly went the way of a garage sale) but I'd love to have it back, if only for nostalgia's sake.



Have a favorite chair of your own?  Go ahead and submit your idea to the Homecoming design contest, the submission deadline is September 22!