Domino's Got Color!

To continue on the subject of color, I thought I'd post up some of my favorite entries from the Domino Decorating Contest. Before I say anything about these rooms though, I have to admit that I was being a bit of a whiner when this contest first came out. I thought, "How am I supposed to compete with these people who have much higher budgets, own their own homes, haven't moved 5 times in the last two years (yes, I have)," and so on. But when I took a good look at these spaces I discovered that many people have decorated them the way I would have to. Vintage flea market and thrift finds, or a few really great pieces supplemented by Ikea and other affordable alternatives. SO... I suppose that the contest has become what it really should be - a way for people to show what they can do all by themselves.

Now, on with the rooms!!



Ok, this room is ridiculous. Ridiculous AWESOME! The 'screen' is actually industrial doors refurbished in automotive paint, which really draws the room together. The piles of pillows are amazing, and the bright shades of pink, orange, green are really pulled together with all the accessories. My only complaint is that this room looks SO styled. Either this guys got some incredible talent, or he's got good help.

The other two rooms are not quite as colorful as the first, but still worth a mention...



I swear I've seen this room featured somewhere else before ~ I remember that bedside table set up! But, alas I have no idea where. I think it's a gorgeous example of how red white and blue can work together without looking like Americana just threw up in your apartment. Very cozy ~ a great mix of glam and comfort.



I don't usually go for shabby chic (ok, I NEVER go for shabby chic) but this room is more Parisian chic than shabby, so I can deal with it. What's impressive is that she did the walls herself! Great accessories, and that BED! Very well done, plus one of my favorite color combinations ~ red/pink with aqua.