Lessons in Color

Most of you are probably aware of the fact that Apartment Therapy is hosting its "I've Got Color!" contest, and is still accepting entries up until October 15th. Well, I think their contestants could stand to take a lesson from what might be my new favorite shop, Niba Home out of Miami.



This place has got some serious color and knows how to use it! Trust me, this is an art - putting together complimentary pieces in bright colors is not easy!



Plus, I love the little styled vignettes on their site like this one...



By the way - if you have a colorful space in your home, PLEASE send it in because most of the entries I saw were completely lacking in creativity. Not to say that they weren't nice spaces, but the whole point is to use color, and use it WELL ~ most of them were either way too neutral or a bit scary. My favorites were all in the Midwest, but if I had to pick one, I think it would most likely be Heather's Aqua in Austin simply for the fact that it a) uses bold colors, b) exhibits a great design aesthetic, and c) isn't over the top or too boring - plus I liked the point she made about carrying a theme throughout the home. While rooms can have different schemes, I believe they should have something to tie them together as well.