Lay off the Bottle

Water, people. I'm talking water.



I was a bit blown away last week when I saw this post on Blue Orchid because I am SO guilty of contributing to this mess. This photo depicts two million plastic bottles - the amount used every FIVE MINUTES in America alone! Although I try to reuse my plastic bottles for a while, I've been horrible lately about purchasing bottled water. I used to be better with my hippy nalgene bottle from REI, but left it back in the Northwest when I moved to LA...

So here's your new option:



Super cute and hip thermal water canteens from Shinzi Katoh available on Figments Design. I am officially adding the ladybug one to my wish list, and in the meantime when I head home to Seattle this weekend, I promise to bring my hippy yet earth-saving nalgene bottle back with me.