Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String...

Brown paper and string might be classic, but I prefer to add a little color to my packages for the holidays. I usually pick out a color scheme for my wrapping, and this year I'm going with metallics (not a big surprise!). I love finishing off my gifts with wonderfully textured ribbon and a perfectly coordinated tag, so I decided to search on Etsy for this year's toppers, and found about a billion options! I've sorted through a lot of them, and here are my favorites...



If you're going for red, then these tags are for you! From Bluebird Lane comes a very vintage tag with a cute little message; intricately designed round tags from Elfrida are clean and cool; "Dashing through the snow" is the message on a classic tag from Green Ridge Designs; a fun an d modern deer pattern by Modern Printed Matter; and a very yummy chocolate pattern from Pictures of Lily features a deep red back.



Go for poppy prints with these tags in classic reds and greens and modern designs! I love these cute little does from Just Another Day; Christmas songs inspired these tags from Every Jot and Tittle; sweet little birdies are a popular theme this year, and i especially liked this one from Pink Bathtub; have you been naughty or nice? find out with these tags from Pinky Creations.



Go for something a little different with black and white or blues from these artists. Love this top set from things are better with a parrott (and you can use them after the holidays are over!); monogram tags with victorian lettering are such a great way to personalize a gift - from Every Jot and Tittle; kitchy santa tags from Paperologie; aqua snowflakes would look great paired with silver or red wrapping - from Kiss 'n Tell Cards; and more deer from Nea Blossoms who has some other very cute cards as well.

So which ones am I using with my packages this year?? These two are my absolute favorites to pair up with my matte gold and silver wrapping...



A bit more pricey, but worth every penny, these tags will not be tossed out with the wrapping paper, but lovingly pinned to bulletin boards, or tucked away with Christmas decorations to be used again. I love the glittered edge, the simple message, and the ribbons! From Moth to a Flame.



My second runner up, I really love the chartreuse green used for such a classic tree, and the aged paper. Don't you think they'll just pop against a gold or silver paper? From Petite Pear.