Room of the Week 11.8



This room comes from the portfolio of Roger Davies and the reason I chose it is because I love it and hate it at the same time. This is SO not my style, and yet there are so many things in here that I love! I can't stand clutter, but I understand layering in a room, so parts of it work for me and parts of it don't. I think the groups of art on the walls bother me the most, and yet they give good movement to the room. And what about those lamp shades? Did they steal them from grandma's living room? And yet... they somehow work in this mishmash of styles (a little country, a little moroccan, and a little crafty?). So, what do you think? Love it or hate it? I have to say I completely admire people who pull this look off. I'm so clean with my spaces, it definitely makes this style harder for me to achieve.

PS - Did you notice the wallpaper? It's a little hard to see, but it is awesome.