LAYERS OF BOHEMIA

I don't think I need to tell you all how much I'm constantly influenced by fashion when it comes to creating new interior designs, but sometimes a piece of inspiration hits me over the head with its gorgeousness so hard that I immediately want to transform a space taking a cue from its style...
bohemian layers
This bohemian luxe look could go so many ways. For a totally saturated room you could do an all-over color and print, with a few injections of black+white stripe and neutrals, or (if you're like me), you could use the neutrals as a base and add the florals as accents to be switched out later whenever the mood strikes you. I'd start with this classic Ikea striped rug and add the texture of this faux fur pillow, then layer on the florals with textiles like these napkins.

Ahn Duong's living room (one of my favorites!) is a perfect example of how to put together this scheme. A black+white rug with pops of color, but a fairly neutral backdrop. Imagine the ottoman in a fantastic bohemian floral, and it's right there. This room is more along the lines of my style. Simple lines help the bright colored couch seem a bit less intense, and the rug and art provide all the pattern. All that's missing is a striped pillow on the sofa!
Taking it one step further, this room is a perfect example of using an inspirational piece to create something all your own. You can see how the colors and style relate to the photo, but it's taken in a whole new direction with a more contrasting rug and wallpaper. Which would be your preference??

*rooms via elle decor, the city sage, and >house beautiful; inspiration photo by paolo roversi