WINTER BLUES

Every January I hit this post-holiday realization that winter is not even close to over...
floral-skirt.fabiobarelet
... it's around this same time that I gravitate to bold hits of blue against warm creams and fresh whites...
milesredd.nymag
Perhaps it's a craving for blue skies or tropical destinations?
2c_davidshields_364L
Maybe it's a pull towards something strong as we try and push our way into Spring...
via moth design
Or - most likely - it's the fact that this bold royal blue brings a surprising sense of calm at the end of a hectic season and a breath of fresh air with the revitalization of a new year at all once. Either way, I think I'll try adding some doses of it into my life, pronto.

*images via fabio bartelt, miles redd via nymag, david shields, and emily henderson