Cozying Down

My toes feel like they're about to fall off, and it's only 65 degrees. What's a California girl to do back in Seattle? Get some furry goodness going, that's what!

In the office... (which is currently my kitchen table and looks nothing like this!)


In the bedroom, to add a little warmth to a cool palette...

interior by nicholas haslam

Or simply add texture to an already cozy space (on the bed AND the floor!)


And then there's my favorite... the dining room!

via flickr

This is exactly how I use my sheepskin from Ikea to warm things up a bit. (And, how clever is it to put the little TV up by the picture rail so it blends a bit with the decor?)

I also thought this was an easy way to add some cozy extra seating for guests during the holidays...

elle decor for diffa


You better believe I'm dragging my faux furs out of storage today and finding a way to fit them into my new home. (PS - If you're one who prefers real fur... why not at least use recycled vintage furs? Check out this etsy shop for some real cozies.)