Gilded + Green

I've been loving this simple photo from photographer James Merrell for quite some time now. Not only because it reminds me of a hotel we stayed in once in Nice, but because I'm in love with the color combo. So what did I do? Paired it with a runway look (Burberry Prorsum) of course!

This time, however, I took this Rooms from the Runway concept one step further to see if I could really build an ensemble around it. So I popped over to my favorite place to dream shop, Net-A-Porter, and here's what I found...


Pairing this gorgeous green dress by Nina Ricci with a sweet Manoush cardi makes it perfect for day. Accessories like the Louboutin shoes, a bit of bling from Monica Vinader and a Chloe handbag make it possible to take this look well into the evening.


I have always always wanted a gorgeous sequined top like this one from Proenza Schouler (one of my favorite Fall collections!). Add some flattering wide legs from Chloe, and those a.maz.ing Jimmy Choos, and this is a hell of an outfit. A deep green Malene Birger coat and some simple bangles by Monica Vinader top it off.

What do you think? Are these ensembles you can get into?