Haute [Floral] Couture!

No, I'm not talking runway style and floral dresses, but these are still some of the most amazing couture creations I have ever seen...


Floral couture artist Krislyn in Los Angeles is the master behind these designs (To call this a work of a florist seems so mundane!) and these pieces go far beyond any 'floral arrangements' I've ever seen. I'm completely inspired...


The attention to detail is amazing, and each piece is so perfect in simplicity and balance. The structure of the design is reminiscent of the Japanese ikebana and bonsai design techniques, but with less traditional twists like bold colors and feathers, which I love!


Out of all of them, I think the blues are my favorite because they have such a surreal quality to them. And the roses growing out of the driftwood? Gorgeous. Something I'll have to try myself for my next dinner party!

The next time I'm back in LA, you can be sure I'll be popping in to see the shop and check these pieces out in person.