THE LITTLE WHITE DRESS...

Forgive me if I have weddings on the brain lately - it's that time of year where things have started to pick up in planning for my friends' fetes and it simply can't be helped! That said, I stumbled upon this gorgeous gorgeous dress (and bride!) via my bestie's blog (apartment #34), after it was featured on the lovely Perfect Bound...
And it reminded me of how much I adore the simple, structured look for brides. There's something so eternally sophisticated about it. In fact, it should come as no surprise that the designer here is Oscar de la Renta whose silhouettes constantly make me swoon.

I think I'd like to have that somewhat vintage inspired yet structured look myself and have already filed a few other images away as inspiration...
Ditch the hat for a birdcage veil, and this simple white sheath and coat is perfect for a courthouse wedding.
Bringing back the sleeve is such a fabulous trend right now, and I've always adored this dress and styling for its simple yet stunning cut and details.

Of course, since there are no wedding bells ringing for me this year, I suppose I'll set my sights on something a little more appropriate for now?
This pretty little Camilla & Marc dress (available at Sunday Brunch) should do the trick, don't you think? The ruffle details are killing me.

*photography by paperwhites photography, unknown, and john dolan