SPRINGSPIRATION

Last weekend I embraced the sunny Saturday bestowed upon us and dove into some spring inspired decorating...
Thanks to this newly acquired gorgeous spring green zig zag pillow from Fabricadabra (with just a hint of aqua at the edges of the zag), I've got a new palette to work with in the living room! The other pillow was a Target purchase from last summer, and it's just a bit more bold that I like with the sofa, but I think I can make it work.

Next? Some inspiration for room pieces and styles...
With my more traditional-styled bar and simple sofa, I'd really love to add some more modern accents to the decor, starting with lamps and maybe even a different accent chair (I've always wanted one with leather that could be worn in year after year). I'd also consider a bench or pair of stools to sit across from the coffee table to create a low conversational area. And, given the bolder pillow choices, a white lacquer coffee table might be in order!

Time for some dream hunting...
I have to admit... I've been lusting after this perfect zig zag rug since spying it at the Safavieh showroom last year at High Point. Designed by Thom Filicia (love him!), it's truly the inspiration behind this palette!

I really like the idea of adding in some more earthy pieces to balance my 'glam' decor tendencies with a few amazing mid-century styled bowls from Heath Ceramics and these glazed crackled glazed glass coasters at Anthropologie in complimentary colors. For the bar? A fabulously simple brass table lamp to warm things up a bit. For company? A pair of stools in my current favorite fresh spring green! For me? A gorgeously complete room...

*top image by coco+kelley, inspiration images by 1.living etc 2. dash & albert 3. domino files on flickr 4. marie claire maison, links for all furniture + accessory resources above.