How Do You Hibernate: {Design Darling}

With the outpouring of positive response to our new series How Do You Hibernate? I just couldn't wait to give you another installment. I'm so excited to have darling Mackenzie of  the aptly named Design Darling join us today!

Hi there! Big thanks to Erin for inviting me here to talk hibernation today. For me, the issue isn't as much how to keep cozy but how to stay productive when temperatures drop and distractions abound! 


My number one necessity is a well-kept workspace. You may or may not be familiar with my desk du jour series on Design Darling but I am a touch obsessed with creative home offices! My desk area is well-lit, fully stocked with school supplies, and surrounded by inspiration boards to keep me motivated when my mind inevitably wanders.


Eventually I'll get a little stir crazy and escape to anywhere I can find a piping hot vanilla latté or stacks of fashion and interiors books. I could spend all day in our campus bookstore just flipping through titles that spark my interest!


The end of the day is my time to hibernate. I wish my bedroom were as serene as this one designed by Ryan Korban — perhaps I ought to add a fur throw to my Christmas wishlist!

Of course, the best way to stay cozy is a good snuggle! Whether with your husband or your puppy, there's no better way to keep warm in wintertime. Thank you so much, Erin, for having me here today!