Monday {Yin & Yang} Work Wear

Over the weekend a friend about to start a new job asked for advice on her wardrobe staples. While seemingly a simple task, choosing your basics is no easy feat. I suspect most women, like me, dress to suit their mood (or change their mood as needed) and so your basics need to be anything but.

I try to pair my go-to looks with the two sides of my fashion personality:  my mars vs. venus approach to style. Both looks turn heads, but for entirely different reasons. And to have a complete work wardrobe, you really need to be fully stocked for either option.

4_Page1551520_fEwxTEjD_c
5208966506_626c3ff738_o via ishandchi7729687_1_1_2

images 1, 2, 3, 4

The checklist isn't very long: trouser ~ pencil skit ~ blazer ~ blouse ~ cashmere v-neck ~ cardigan ~ peg leg pant, something a-line.

And of course they all need classic, well made, expertly tailored and, at least in my case, always paired with show-stopping heels.

So perhaps you'll keep this in mind when plugging holes in your closet. I promise, when you do, you'll never have to suffer through a Monday morning "what to wear" moment again.

Happy Monday luvies!
*Mrs. E