Branch Out

Some of you may be familiar with the website Branch where they promote sustainable design in the coolest forms. Looking through the site yesterday I found a bunch of new pieces. Isn't it wonderful how easy it's becoming to support design that is friendly to the environment?



I love these little guys! (Hmm... perhaps because they're grey and yellow?) The Mason designed by Amy Adams handmade are handmade in low-fire ceramic with a non-toxic glaze, which makes them more environmentally friendly to create. Plus, don't they just want to make you pick a bunch of wildflowers and display them on your windowsill?



I know what you're thinking... not another tote!! But this one is so cool, I had to post it. The AUM tote created by Red Flag Design in Vancouver, Canada is made from reclaimed sailcloth and retains its nautical heritage with a knotted handle and sturdy reinforced grommets. Just think ~ this bag has possibly seen more of the world than you! And imagine how long it will last when you take it on your own little boating adventures.



As someone who adores stemless wine glasses (mostly because I'm less likely to knock them over!) and has been searching for a nice decanter, I especially love this item. Handmade by Esque out of Portland, OR, this set is about as earth-friendly as you can get. The decanter and glasses are made from recycled glass stock processed in an electric furnace that's powered by wind energy. Cheers to that!



I wish I could test this chair out for the comfort factor because not only is it made from wood sustainably forested in New York and Pennsylvania, but it comes in a grey lacquer which is just what I've been wanting! They are sold in pairs, and offered in a variety of finishes.