Top Three: For the Mantle

Reserved as one of the best spots in the home to display something special, I've been contemplating lately what I would place upon my mantle given a new space and an open budget...



At the top of my list is this collection of five bottles designed by Tapio Wirkkala in 1968 for Venini. The fusing of the different colors is a technique developed by Venini, and creates a gorgeous effect that reminds me of Mondrian art, but less structured with the curves of the bottles flowing into each other. You can find these online at one of my favorite places to browse, Moss, whose first store outside of NYC is now open on Melrose! Lucky me :)





In second place would be an authentic African Juju Headpiece. I saw one of these years ago at an antique store in Dallas and finally found a place that produces them last year in New York. You can purchase your own at Authentic Africa where they have a variety of colors to match any decor! The two above are my favorites.



Charlie Don't Surf



Mound



Untitled

Option number three isn't so bad either ~ if you're looking for something to tie a room together, Rob Nadeau's paintings are an amazing study in color and perspective. I honestly couldnt' decide between the three of these! The top one is my current favorite, but of course I'm drawn to the green, and the "Mound" painting is so interesting!