Rooms from the Runway

Once again, I return to the runway for inspiration. I loved these two pieces from Balenciaga's Fall 2007 Ready to Wear Collection ~ probably because they allow to me incorporate that little pop of aqua that I've been decorating with for so long (and am ready to phase out... a little).





This is an incredibly eclectic look. The layers of fabric make it bring a bohemian vibe while the bold black and white pattern almost looks a bit tribal. The gold details, however, add a deco glam that was so popular in fall collections. A touch of fringe and the lace up boot lends to a more classic look, and the pop of aqua is totally unexpected. Just imagine what this room could look like...

Let's start with the couch ~ I picture something in a deep caramel in a luxurious fabric like velvet or mohair... something like this piece from Jayson Home & Garden with a simple but classic shape.



To bring in the black and white, I'd choose some accent chairs with strong shapes like this one from Barbara Barry...



... or the Sam Chair from Oly



Maybe an accent bench in a classic deco design on the other side...?


This one is a Karl Springer design I found on 1stdibs.

To complete the room, we need the pop of aqua... and I think I'll do it in the rug!

Don't hate me, but I'm completely in love with this piece I also found on 1stdibs. It might remind you of you mother's (or grandmother's) disgusting shag carpet, but I think it has really great organic texture...



And of course, to top it off, a large coffee table - I was picturing a solid piece of burlwood, but found this piece (also on 1stdibs - forgive me!) that had a touch of gold and thought it might be just perfect...



Pull these pieces together with some accessories, and look what we've got!



(Lamps from 1stdibs, pillow from Sleeping Buddha)



(Pillows from Madeline Weinrib, lamps from 1stdibs, variety of vases from Jayson Home & Garden, bowl by Caleb Siemon.)