Pulling it Together

I love when I see something in a store and suddenly ~ click! It all comes together. I've been wanting to create a more soothing look in my bedroom, but hadn't found any inspiration. Then, the other day I was browsing through Anthropologie when this pillow caught my eye...



The second I saw these colors I was sold! Right now I'm absolutely loving the grey/yellow combo, and adding a splash of green in there made it perfect. If you look closely you'll also see that the lighter grey has a hint of blue in it, and the darker a bit of plum, so I will be pulling in little doses of those colors too, I'm sure.

Now, time to build a little inspiration board!

I found this bedroom at Commune and was totally inspired again. A little dose of red? I can do that!



I've always loved tea tables, and have seen them a few places, but just yesterday found these ones on sale at the Company Store when I was searching for comforters. Only $39.99 on sale. Such a deal!



The sheets I have already match the gold tone in the pillow, so now I'm looking for an interesting charcoal bedspread. Of course my first stop was to check out some Dwell bedding at Design Public and, as never fails, I found some great options.



These colors are perfect! The charcoal or the blue would work. In fact, the whole collection is kind of what I was looking for. While I'm not too big on stripes, I think a few pillows would be fun..





Love the cabana-esque feel!

Ok, I've got a good start, now I'm going to scour for accessories! Stay tuned!