Pencil Me In...

Ok, so I'm a bit OCD when it comes to calendars. I like to have one 'pretty' calendar, a planner to carry with me at all times, a wall calendar in the kitchen so I can see the whole month ahead of me, and (recently added) a desktop calendar to scribble all over. So, what's it going to be this year? Here are my current picks...



Every year for the past three or so, I've had the ilee desktop calendar as my 'pretty' calendar. I discovered ilee in Seattle (where she is based) and received my first desktop calendar as a gift ~ and what a perfect gift it is! I always save my favorite pages (how can you toss out letterpress?) and re-purpose them as cards or frame them up in a collection of images. So, once again, I'm going to have to add this gorgeous little piece to my calendar collection this year.



I've been searching for a Kate Spade-esque planner at a not so Kate Spade price (I mean, these things get trashed in my purse people), so I was ECSTATIC when I found this planner from Post during my shopping spree on Abbot Kinney this weekend. You can get it online at The Daily Planner. It comes in a gorgeous bright gold metallic and a deeper chocolate metallic, which is the one I purchased. My favorite part is that the back is FULL of useful information for travel - mini maps, conversion charts, popular events and destinations like museums, and useful numbers for embassies, hotels, and more. You better believe this planner will be by my side all year long.



A few months ago I received an email from Ken Knight introducing me to the Pentagram Calendar. I loved loved loved the simple design, the splash of red, and - most of all - the whole point of the calendar, which is to highlight some fabulous fonts. With some experience in graphic design, I have come to truly appreciate the difference a good font makes (psst - my favorite site for downloading them is font freak), and this calendar does not disappoint in its selection. Plus, it will be perfect in my kitchen where the 'decor' includes splashes of red.



Last but not least... for those weeks where seven days is not enough and you can't seem to keep your head on straight - I love this simple but colorful calendar from See Jane Work. It works as a deskpad, and is especially good for those of us whose daily schedule seems to constantly be changing. My favorite part? The "someday" column.

If you're searching for a calendar as gift, check out the calendar wrap up over at decor8 and remember to keep it personal!