A Tree of My Own

I did it! I found myself with some time to spare around 4:30 in the afternoon today, after finally finishing up all my Christmas shopping, and I decided to do a little hunting around the neighborhood for branches... a harder task than I thought it would be since I live in a concrete jungle, but I found them! My neighbors probably thought I'd completely lost my mind, carrying a bunch of sticks up in the elevator, but I propped them up with sweet little birdies and bulbs, and here's how it turned out...





I have no mantle, and no cool credenza or buffet, just my completely awesome bar cart, so I decided to put my 'tree' up on it. Trust me when I say it looks better in person than it came out in the photos... The mirror is an old cast off piece from a submarine (random, but kinda cool, right?), the bronze birdies I found on ebay, the chocolate brown votives I bought years ago and I loooove the way they glow.





The candlesticks (which are a bit hard to see) are one of my favorite pieces on my etsy store right now, and the bowl of nuts is actually the leftover glass from a D&L candle. A pretty thrifty little set up if I do say so myself! Which is probably a good thing since Christmas is in FOUR DAYS!!



I finished it off with this little bronzed branch in the shape of a "C" that I knew would be perfect the second I spotted it during my shopping excursion today. Found it at one of my favorite stores in LA - New Stone Age on 3rd. If you're having trouble finding the perfect gift, GO HERE!

As for the tree... I think I'll have to keep it up at least through the next few weeks so that I can really enjoy it :)