Straight From The Source...

Whenever possible, I always believe it's best to support artists and designers by purchasing their goods directly from them... well, now you can add one more designer to that list - Eva Zeisel.

Some of you loyal readers may remember me blogging about this gorgeous coffee table from the talented Eva months ago. Well, thanks to a nice little email from her grandson, Adam, I discovered that all of us are now able to purchase a number of her amazing designs straight from the designer herself through the website Eva Zeisel Originals.

They, of course, carry the coffee table I've been lusting after, not only in black, but also an exclusive warm walnut...



But, my new favorite is the dining table, which I am SO going to try and convince my dad to use as the 'table of honor' at his next restaurant. Can't you just picture it... "Yes, I'd like to reserve the Zeisel table tonight"... sounds so fancy!



Eva's designs have been praised throughout the years, and have provided inspiration for many. They are still as significant today as they have ever been, with their gorgeous curves and a truly unique and personal touch. Can you imagine growing up with her as your grandmother?

As Adam wrote in an article for D Home, "Blinded by normal adolescent behavior and an immature eye for true beauty I never quite realized how famous Eva really was. I grew up receiving her designs as gifts and attending her award banquets but it never clicked that she was so revered. It wasn’t until I started building this business that I learned the extent of her following."

To gain a full appreciation for her process, check out this video...





A few more of my favorites from Eva include this incredible acrylic candelabra...



...and sensual recycled brass candlesticks.



From the sounds of things, Adam is just getting started on growing this online shop with more of his grandmother's amazing pieces, so bookmark it now and stay tuned!