Room of the Week 12.21



I'm not quite sure what it is about this room... but I absolutely love every little piece of it. It has a sense of calmness and simplicity that I need in a bedroom, with gorgeous details. I love the chandelier - how it was placed so low, off-centered, but perfect somehow. I have a thing for buffets and dressers with dozens of little drawers or closed shelves like the one in the window - something about the rich wood and maybe a bit of curiosity at what exactly is hiding behind all those doors? Like an adults version of an advent calendar... which drawer to I get to open today? And what little treasure is hiding inside? The peachy chair looks so inviting and worn in, the bare floor perfect for bare feet, a cozy fireplace with simple mirror and accessories, a small vanity set up on the dresser, and the all white bedding...

Plus, the windows! I think they must look over a beautiful city like Seattle, San Francisco or Boston... maybe a little peekaboo view of the water...

Yes, it's official, I'd like to move in now.