Who Needs a Tree Anyway?

I've been pouting the last few weeks about the fact that I don't have a Christmas tree in my apartment. I haven't had the time or energy to not only go out and find a tree, but to buy up bunches of ornaments, a tree stand, a tree skirt... all the usual accessories that I would have had if I hadn't left them in storage back in Seattle... *sigh*

So, I've been trying to come up with a quick and easy low-maintenance alternative that I can throw up in the next few days to appease myself and maybe keep around for a bit after the holidays... and THESE are my inspirations!



Can we say SIMPLE!? Plus, it goes with the the birdie theme that I had in the back of my head for this year's tree-that-never-happened.



Gorgeous arrangement from Michelle Rago (who is a genius btw!). This was obviously for a wedding, but wouldn't it be a pretty Christmas tree? I love the idea of orchids because they're unexpected, luxurious and look so soft and natural gracing those branches.



One of my favorite entries from Anna's contest on Absolutely Beautiful Things, from Melissa at The Inspired Room. Love the non-traditional, yet wintery colors!

Stay tuned... I may come up with something yet!