Room of the Week 2.22

I was so distracted by chairs yesterday that I forgot to post my Room of the Week!

This one comes to you via Girl Meets Glamour...



The walls of this room are what really got me - without them this room would be bare and simple... and it still is, a bit, but the detailing is so fun and beautiful! Not to mention it happens to be in one of my favorite colors :) I'm so in need of a space like this right now - love the wall for inspirational tear sheets, the piles of magazines on the floor (hmmm... that looks familiar!) and a decent sized desk space.

If I could do a little furniture rearranging, however, I'd keep the desk, but ditch the heavy black asian-style armoire in favor of something to add a little more detail, color, pattern, or texture to the room. Something like...



This display cabinet with storage underneath from Pieces. The yellow could be too distracting though...



Or this one, also from Pieces, with a simple lattice pattern that would be easy to mimic with other accents in the room - like upholstering the desk chair, adding some throw pillows, or even a pair of long drapes over the windows.



I also like this piece from Jayson Home & Garden, although it wouldn't hide much as far as office supplies, etc.



This armoire from Oly might be my favorite for the shape. I wouldn't add more white to this room, so I'd probably paint it in grey to keep it neutral.