A Tropicana Breakfast

It all started with the showroom at Woodson & Rummerfield.



When I saw that bold wallpaper paired with a sweet breakfast nook setting, I fell in love. I vowed that if I ever had a big airy breakfast nook filled with tall windows to drown the room in sunshine, I would use this wallpaper to bring the outdoors in.

Then last week, I stumbled upon this room...



Not exactly what I had in mind, since the wallpaper extends over into the kitchen and above the stove (yuck!)... but the outdoor setting? Absolutely! Sunlight streaming in from a little patio... *sigh* I could spend hours at that table sipping coffee and blogging away.

But then...



I saw this room in a post from Brilliant Asylum. Guess who this little set up belongs to? Ms. Nicky Hilton, whose inspiration for this room came from the decor at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Damn her for stealing my idea!! ;)

Actually, I find this a little amusing because (side story) last weekend in Vegas we kept running into those pesky little Hilton sisters and if I had to share taste with one of those two, it would definitely be Nicky. And, to give the girl some credit, she has a fun design sense - check out the rest of her rooms at Alkemie.

Oh, and if you're interested in the paper, you can find it right here.