Fall Tabletop Inspiration: Menswear!

Since my boy likes to remind me during my decoration outbursts that there is a man in the house, I thought it fitting that the first installment in my new series, Table for Two, be all about him. Well... kinda.

Inspired by a beautiful pinstripe in navy and white found at my local fabric store, and menswear inspired candlestick sleeves from Karskokker (featuring shirtstripes and houndstooth!), I grabbed a few of my favorite things and went to work!
I wanted to accent the table in colors other than blues and whites to add some richness, and this bloom I had just picked up in a bouquet at the market helped determine the palette. I added a band of velvet chartreuse ribbon to wrap around simple linen napkins, and plucked a pair of burgundy chopsticks from the utensil drawer.
I put all the elements together at our little dining room table... The flower found a home in this vintage trophy cup that I set square in the middle of the table, I then grouped the candlesticks in sets of three on each side - and mixed in a vintage brass pair of my own for height.
I love the contrast of materials here - the modern white plates help the pinstripe really pop! The velvet and brass bring a traditional richness to the table, and the chopsticks are completely unexpected and a great addition of color. This is not your typical sushi setting, that's for sure (but it does happen to be our favorite meal!).
And the final product! (My poor little flower wilted waiting for the boy to get home!) Proof that a lovely table doesn't have to cost a fortune... so you can splurge on dinner! What do you think boys? Could you handle coming home to this?

resources: 1* linen napkens, target 2* candlesticks and sleeves, kaarskoker 3* dishes, pottery barn