Room of the Week 10.22

I find it slightly ironic that I'm choosing to share this piece of bedroom inspiration with you as the Room of the Week, because just earlier today I was saying how I was getting so sick of seeing blue + chocolate brown together...
But, my dears, there's a reason for overdone color combinations... they simply WORK. As I began my design process for my own bedroom, this photo via House Beautiful landed in the pile for so many reasons. The first, of course, being the required balance of masculine and feminine. The second being the beautiful elements brought in - the mirrored bedside tables to add a bit of glamour, the barely-there bedside lamps, a gorgeous, s imple bench at the foot of the bed, and pattern!! The carpeting is simply fantastic. I also adore the bed frame with the tufting and nailheads, which seem a bit over the top to have both, but here it's just fantastic. And, to top it all off... a perfect chandelier. Yes... I could easily fall asleep and wake up here day after night after day...