'Carribean Forest' & Chartreuse

So, before I moved to LA my friends threw me a big bash and I, of course, had to purchase a new dress! I found one at Banana Republic (of all places) that I absolutely fell in love with strictly because it is my new favorite color... something the team at Banana likes to call "Caribbean Forest." (Ok, to be completely fair, I also love it because it has POCKETS!)



This is me and my gorgeous little sister looking perfectly posed ~ and that is the dress. The genius little salesman at Banana added the gold belt which really completes the outfit, but that is not the point. The point is that I saw this room via ATLA House Tour and LOVED it. (I bet you'll never guess why...!)



How yummy are those walls? And see the brass lights? This is what they mean when Domino says "we wanted translate this outfit into a room..." I honestly couldn't have done it any better!

I also found this color in some great wallpaper from Ferm found at Design Public.



My favorite color to pair with this green is a bright yellow/chartreuse color that I've been seeing a ton of ever since I spotted it (coincidentally) on a dress I loved in Nina Ricci's Fall Ready-to-Wear collection. (In case you couldn't tell by now, I take a lot of my design inspirations from the runway.)



Now for the killer combo! I found this photo on flickr and it was the only one that really captured the exact shades I was looking for...



Of course, if you add a little coco brown, it creates a great look for any room ~ like this one from design guru Jay Jeffers. (Yes, it's actually HIS bedroom!)



The chartreuse really pops on the chocolate brown. And, see the boxes below the nightstand? If I'm not crazy, those are my 'caribbean forest' green :) Such a great combo!