Go For the Gold

I love the way a little gold can go a long way on the table, and I really love how there are so many designs these days that incorporate gold into their china in a way that allows it to be functional enough for everyday use. And, since I'm currently obsessing over dining room decor, I figure I'd share some of the pieces I'm coveting!



This design, by Marie Daag, was featured in Domino months ago and is still my favorite. I love how clean it is, and how the taupe creates a more earthy tone to balance gold the gold rimming. This is a piece that is truly versatile.



While gold tableware is not usually something I gravitate to, this hammered gold set from Horchow really gives some great texture to a table setting. And, even though it's gold, the hammered style makes it a bit more usable for everyday settings. I can picture the plates above with this silverware on a neutral linen napkin to fancy up my farmhouse dining room table. Gorgeous!



I also love the gold on this design for Dibbern. The rings are meant to mimic tree rings and I think their imperfect circles give them a casual feel.





To top things off on the table, go for one big gold accent, or a few small ones, but don't overwhelm too much! I think this gold leafed shell from Plantation could be the perfect beachy centerpiece ~ just add some decorative seashell balls (you can find them at craft stores, or places like Crate and Barrel) or fill it with some other raw material to balance it out.