Pull Up A Chair

I recently bought this great farm table/desk to use in my dining room (got it for a steal on craigslist!) and immediately began dreaming of all sorts of styles of chairs I could pair it with. Would I do an eclectic mix? Would I go totally modern?



After making the round through thrift stores in my neighborhood I stumbled upon a pair of chairs with great potential...



... but they were pretty worn down. So I brought 'em home, tore off the nasty seat covers, shined them up, recovered them with some fabric I had laying around and some extra cush for the tush, and posted them at each end of the table. Not too bad huh?



I'll probably get sick of the fabric and recover them with something a bit more luxe when i have more time and cash... but of course, this leaves me with the need for two more chairs, and if I had my way, I'd be purchasing any of these gorgeous designs from Philippe Starck, one of my favorite designers.



Adore the contrast of modern style with such intricate nature-inspired cutouts.



One of my favorite designs from Stark ~ the Mademoiselle chair. I like this fabric best to match the farmhouse table, but he has some other yummy choices as well.



I especially like the idea of a grey chair with my table, but really if I had to decide between these three... I have no idea what I'd choose!

Back to reality... I've also discovered a few other options that are much more within my budget...



The Zebra chair from CB2 would be a fun way to bring in a little pattern while playing off of the fabric I used to cover the chairs.



I love the idea of a soft, warm leather at my table. Especially after it's really worn in. This option is also from CB2, so it's fairly affordable.



I really like that these chairs from OFFI that I found on Design Public mimic the lines of the bistro chairs I already have for the table, but in a clean modern white.

If you have any other ideas or suggestion, please pass them along!!