First Days

Yesterday, Erin posted up her 'back-to-school' outfit for fall, which got me thinking.. what would I wear?

While we don't get to relish in freshly sharpened pencils, clean notebooks just begging to be doodled on, and that first day of "Who's the cute new boy sitting in the back?"... we can still dream of first day ensembles.

Would you be the cool rocker chick? A little bohemian with a trying-hard-not-to-look -like-I-tried-hard vibe in Gucci or Phillip Lim?


Or prep it up in Charles Nolan and Blumarine?


I have to say, I'm a sucker for subtle glam, so I love these looks from Proenza Schuler and Tory Burch. Classy and chic, while still quite relaxed.


And then there's lots and lots of options in grey... from bundled up Burberry and leg-baring Versace...


... to Lacoste and Jason Wu, who add a little geometry to their designs.


Personally, I've always been one to make a statement on the first day... but I try not go over board. I think these four are my faves.

Workable color combos by Oscar de la Renta and Tuleh


And very cool in L'wren and Matthew Williamson.


So, which would you choose (you know, if you HAD to choose) for your first day?