Room of the Week 9.10

Since moving in with the boy I've noticed two things. 1) I have a lot of stuff. 2) He doesn't. While trying to have a conversation with him about design is not always the easiest thing, he definitely has an aesthetic. That aesthetic being clean and simple. Items with a purpose and not a lot without. So, with that in mind...
If I had to design a room like that, it would probably go something like this. Selecting minimal pieces with maximum impact. Mixing modern, antique, classic and contemporary, because choosing one style while being this minimal would drive me insane. And, naturally, there would be an amazing chandelier or pendant. And, the floors would have to be insanely gorgeous because they are suddenly a focal point of the room. Art would would be carefully selected to add interested and personality. And the architecture would have to be old and cozy with lovely beams and trim...

Am I a minimalist? Hardly. Could I live with this? Sure. Buuuut... I just might add a nice worn in antique rug (or maybe jute?), a pillow for the larger white chair to make it a bit more comfy, stacks of decor books on the coffee table, and probably a few breezy sheers for the windows...

*room via haynes roberts