Wedding Wednesday {Real Wedding}

For a real wedding this week, I'm thrilled to feature Giao and Tony's sweet and simple Northwest wedding shot by the awesome Sean Flanigan.

Giao is a food blogger behind the fabulous kiss my spatula. (Foodies take note!) Here's what she had to say about her special day.

We were married at our favorite pier, along our favorite stretch of beach, on a small island in the Pacific Northwest, where the fir trees meet the sea.  We want something simple, timeless and full of heart.  The simple includes 6 short weeks of planning, $50 to reserve the pier, and a guest list of four.  The timeless consists of flea market finds – a vintage tablecloth, napkins, suitcases and an antique hand-crank gramophone, which plays ‘A Kiss to Build a Dream On‘ as my father walks me down the pier.


Our experience is proof that sometimes the smallest, sweetest and most intimate gatherings are also the most powerful and memorable ones.  With all the components of a larger, more traditional wedding, but executed on a miniaturized scale, we were able to soak up the fun, creativity and low stress of the planning process while fully being able to enjoy every moment of the day.  Our (little) big day was a vision we saw in our hearts and minds that we turned into a reality, all in 6 weeks time. 



Oh, and I bought my dress from JCrew Weddings (first dress I saw, on-line in 15 minutes).  I swear!!


C0ngrats to Giao and Tony and thanks to Sean for sharing a wedding that is truly heartwarming. Perfect for the holiday season, don't you agree?

You can check out more here!