ROOM OF THE WEEK 2.25

This week's room is going to be a little special... not because it's ultra fabulous or extraordinary, but because it's mine... all mine!
Well, let me rephrase that.. it's ours. Me and the boy's. We started with beige walls and a mattress on the floor and made it this! A peaceful little haven (especially compared to the saturated color in our living room) for sweet dreams and lazy mornings.
The room was inspired by these shell illustrations that I picked up years ago from a sweet little shop on Orcas Island that are now perched on the dresser. Soft colors and subtle beachy accents, natural textures and - of course - a little bit of glamour were the elements I used. We also did a lot of DIY, refinishing the vintage nightstands in two-tone, spraying out the knobs on the Ikea dresser in a brassy gold, and slipcovering a thrift store side chair. Our biggest splurge was the West Elm jute headboard ... an early surprise birthday gift from my honey! So... what do you think?? Ready to move in?

*photography by brandon sawaya

Follow up for the ladies who've asked... the paint color is Valspar Lava Stone, the gold piece above the window is a four-leaf clover I bought for my boy (yes, he's Irish), I used a simple spray paint for the knobs in 'brass' (much better than gold), the lamps are pier1, and the 'for like ever' poster in gold (yes, gold!) and cream was a limited edition run that they did years ago... I don't believe it's available anymore.