Pre Fall Runway Selections

Thank goodness for holidays. It means I actually have the time to spend a few hours going through the Pre Fall 09 collections to prepare myself for the year ahead! A few of my favorite selections my dears...

Vera Wang (above and below): I haven't really been in love with Vera lately, but something about this collection really made me fall in love again with her classic style. The bows and embellished details aren't over the top, and her fabric choices are flawless, plus the simple color scheme with a focus on grey and black is right up my alley!


Zac Posen: I haven't really loved an entire collection of Zac's lately - just certain pieces - but this one was practically flawless! While some of of the shapes didn't quite come together for me, the styling, details and colors were fantastic. These three were my favorites, but you should see all the pieces together. Stunning.

Alexander Wang: While these dresses would be more appropriate for the Spring, I still love the simplicity and structure, especially the sheer black over the pale pale pink (at least, I think it's pink...).

Rachel Roy: The more I see from her, the more I love. Great mix of textures and patterns, love the suit and those SHOES!!! Just fantastic. Really loved the whole collection.

Isaac Mizrahi: I'm head over heels for this particular shade of really deep lilac, and paired with that camel, I think it's gorgeous. The dress was a surprising addition to the collection - I'm not sure that it fit, but I really liked the idea of it.

Missoni: What can I say? I just love the patterns that come out of this fashion house! The oversized chrevron just looks so cozy, and the plaid with fringe is fantastic!

Doo.Ri: Don't you think everyone looks good in this color? I was immediately drawn to these two ensembles from doo.ri simply because of that pale aqua. Again, seems a little more spring than fall to me, but I won't complain. I love it paired with grey and some soft ruffles.

Burberry Prorsum: The second collection to feature the pants over the shoes (Vera had it too!) I think it's safe to say this could be the next trend for fall... but we'll see. Love the deep purple jacket. I wish I had it to keep me warm now! And I'm a sucker for textured grey.

And finally...

My favorite dress. From Carolina Herrera, no surprise. The pattern reminds me of the Prada skirt from Spring RTW08 that I absolutely loved, and the cut is incredibly flattering. Plus the pop of electric blue? Genius! I think that skirt (also green, by the way, in case you don't recall!) was the rebirth of me loving the idea of plaid. *photo by Patrick Demarchelier

So, what do you think my fashionistas? Did I miss any of the pieces you loved?