Crowning the Color Of the Year!

Envelope please? Thank you.

Ok, honestly, you all should know the winner if you were following the last week at all. Will you all please give a round of applause to the reigning Miss Color of the Year 2009...

Miss Pink!

While some of the shades varied from apricot and peach tones to seriously bubblegum and bright fuschia, there is no doubt the winner for Color of the Year 2009 is the barely there blush of soft warm pink.

While Pantone's yellow makes sense for a year where we need a little positivity and color, there's something comforting about pink that's getting the job done just as well. My pick for this shade would be a bit more on the peachy side, for extra warmth and a more neutral tone. So soft and comforting... Miss Pink, welcome to your reigning year!

And, of course... we can't forget the runners up...

Second place was a bit of a surprise to me. While we couldn't agree on a shade, all of us but one panelist selected some shade of blue for 2009. While I think the electric blues will fade, the indigos and pastels will grow in popularity. And, City Sage was so right on with her 'denim' prediction. Translating your most perfectly worn soft pair of jeans into a comfy color to decorate with (not decorating with actual denim, thank you very much) is so genius.

I bet you all thought Miss. Grey was surely a shoo-in for runner up if not winner of the whole thing, huh? Well, don't worry. I think this color is going to stick around longer than blue (it is the new black, after all), but she just couldn't win it all in a year that needs a shade with a little more warmth. Come to think of it, I'm wondering if neutrals ever win color of the year?

And, in case you were curious, the 'Neutrals' were next in line, followed by Green, Red and Yellow. My biggest shocker? Nobody mentioned Orange. Although, I suppose that peach and apricot tones count a bit.

Here is my own final palette...

coco kelley 2009 picks

These colors are my top picks for the year! The only addition I might make is a dose of deep aubergine. But, I'm just not much of a purple girl. And, if I had to pick a yellow? More on the mustard side I think. The top four are the dominant colors with the bottom three as accents to each season.

I hope you all enjoyed this little color week series! Thanks again to all the guest bloggers, and I hope to have this much inspiration around here all year long!