The Inaugural Fashion Frenzy Wrapup

I'm just going to go ahead and say it now...

Aretha's hat stole the show. I mean, DAMN. That is a HAT! But it was perfect. The grey would have been so boring, but the bow! The sparkle! I mean, she had to have something to match that voice, right? And I loved the vintage stylings of it all. Fabulous, Ms. Franklin. Well done. Now as for the other ladies...

Let's start with what is hands down my favorite photo:

The Obama women were dressed in beautiful refreshing color. Look at these little trend watchers! We've got royal blue, pink and orange, and of course the color of the year - yellow - on Michelle. LACE yellow, no less. Double bonus points. The only piece I really didn't like was the choice of green gloves and shoes. I would have gone black or metallic.

And then there's our adorable President. (When was the last time you used 'adorable' and 'president' in the same sentence?) He kept it simple just as he should. The only accessory that man needs is his smile.

Let's not forget the Second Lady (is that a real term, or did I just make it up, because either way I'm sticking with it)...

I think Jill likes red... I also think she's the cutest thing ever and looks fantastic in that color, so good for her. Jill, I want your ruffly little coat. We look about the same size. Whaddaya say? (I'd settle for the gown too...). Another hit for the new administration. Oh, and Joe, just keep rockin' that tan. You'll be fine.

And then there was the gown we were ALL waiting for...

OBAMA/

So... what did you think? I liked it. I didn't LOVE it. I didn't gasp when she walked out, but I liked the choice of white, actually. And the dress itself is definitely stunning, as is this couple. I mean, just look at them! Ok, look at the details...

Michelle was definitely sparkling too. The only little thing I just really have to say is this: Michelle, you are a strong, gorgeous woman, and you're missing the one little step it takes to pull of any outfit. So, throw your shoulders back and stand up tall and straight! We love you!