Oh My, Orange!

I have to admit, I was somewhat surprised that my color predictions week here at coco+kelley didn't include any orange! It seems to be a hot color for the spring, and one that I have definitely been drawn to lately...

orange pop

Orange seems a bit retro, so seems quite fitting with the vintage stylings of this Issac Mizrahi dress, and I love how fresh the dahlias look set upon this casual table. There's something to be said for crisp white linen paired with this color!

One of my favorite rooms from the Los Angeles based design group m. design features this glamorous pair of mirrors with a perfect splash of orange to add character. How fabulous do they look between those topiaries in the gold pots?

orange pop2

A strong citrus orange was also featured in some of my favorite Spring collections - proof that if it's done well, it's actually a very wearable color! Sweet summery dress from Jenni Kayne, statement orange trench from Etro, blended with beautiful blues and pinks in the Akris collection, and a pop of neon in a flowing gown from Halston. (All photos via style.com)

Makes me think of one of my all-time favorite rooms from Tom Scheerer...

tom scheerer

I love the way the orange pops against the neutrals in the room, gives it so much life, don't you think!?