Color Predictions from Absolutely Beautiful Things

I am so very excited to announce our next guest blogger for color trends week (aka "Crowning the Color of the Year") at coco+kelley.

Absolutely Beautiful Things was one of the first blogs that inspired me to start my own, and has remained a source of inspiration for interiors and styling ever since. So, I was thrilled when Anna agreed to put together a little post on her favorite colors for 2009! And, what better way for a shop owner and interior designer to portray her favorites than with a selection of fabulous chairs...

lace trim

Each colour in this painting by Australian Artist Kate Dorrough has captured me. I also love the combination of all of these colours together especially the unexpected addition of black - I think it grounds the colour combination. This painting has inspired my colour selections for this season for my Interior Decorating and Homeware Store, Black & Spiro. As a result, I'm heading in the direction of a gelati palette with a bit of black thrown in for good measure and in particular I'm loving mint green.

So here are my colour predictions for 2009 as represented by some favourite chairs:

Mint Green

Pale Pink


Pale Aqua/Blue

Black

White


lace trim bottom

Thank you so much Anna! I think the pink chair might be my favorite, but at heart I really am a black & white girl. I love my neutrals! I love how you pulled all your colors from Kate's painting, as well. Don't you love all the different forms of inspiration we're seeing around here?