Color Predictions from Snippet & Ink

Outside of interiors and runways, wedding color palettes are one of the first places we see trends emerge. Savvy brides and planners do their best to pounce on the most original colors before everyone else is doing them, which is why I invited our next guest blogger to join in on helping to crown the Color of the Year.

I'm so happy to have Kathryn from Snippet & Ink here to give her predictions for this year's hottest color combinations! She is simply amazing at putting together her inspiration boards, and sees so many shades and hues come through her site, that I knew she'd have some fabulous ideas for us... and indeed I am truly impressed (and in LOVE) with her palettes!

lace trim

Turn up the dial on yellow to give this this typically nautical/preppy combination a modern, bold look. A little fuchsia thrown in doesn't hurt either.

These two together (or apart) are a nice twist on the all too obvious, and overly-saccharine, pink and green. Cream keeps them balanced.

I imagine gray will still be popular this year, but I'm predicting a move toward warmer neutrals. Colors reminiscent of an old city bistro...

{L: Ellen Christine from Brides R: Miriam Haskell via This is Glamorous}


Softly romantic and impossibly sexy, these two colors play off one another beautifully.


lace trim bottom

Every one of these color combinations is speaking to me! Kathryn, you've done an amazing job. The yellow and blue is so fresh, and has recently started growing on me (Marc Jacob's Spring collection, anyone?), and the red and peach... so feminine and vintage. I also agree that while I adore grey, warmer neutrals are starting to be a bit more appealing to me. By the way, darlings, for full inspiration boards of each of these color combos, just click on the headers for each!