Style (E)scpes: A Patio Makeover from MadeByGirl!

I feel almost ridiculous introducing Jen from MadeByGirl, because I'm sure most of you are very familiar with her fantastic blog and super fun cards and prints! Well, as a woman of many talents, Jen also happens to be amazing at a little makeover as she's proven time and time again on her own blog. And, it just so happens that she's done a little revamping of her patio to share with us! Thanks Jen!
yellow scroll
Hello this is Jennifer Ramos from MadeByGirl blog. My patio used to be pretty plain & boring...
After finding an amazing image in Sunset Magazine where corrugated steel was used as fencing, I had to try it! The first thing I did was plan everything out on my computer, then shortly afterward, I headed to Home Depot to get a few pots, paint & plants.
I decided to stay within 3-4 colors - lime green for the bistro set, turquoise blue for the corrugated steel, white for the hanging lanterns and gold spray paint for most of the pots. My biggest friend during the entire project was spray paint & of course the outdoor paint I bought for the steel. I had it mixed to my specifications, so it doesn't have an exact name.
As for the plants, I bought some bamboo, Australian tea tree, spiny agave, red agave, texas sage and more. I picked out a few succulents to place into tiny pots on the bistro table, which makes for a great accent!
yellow scroll
Isn't it amazing what a little color can do to transform a space? I love the texture of the corrugated steel in the aqua! And all the little additional details give it such a nice finished touch (need those lanterns!). Planning the space out completely is smart - a move I forget to make sometimes, so it usually takes a few trips to the hardware store. Thank you so much Jen for sharing your space and inspiration with us!