Birthday Party Inspiration: Pink + Organic

While most two-year-olds might not select such a sophisticated and stylish palette for their birthday, I think blog years are like dog years - we're way ahead of our time around here. So, for my 2nd Blog Birthday, I'd love to have a table set like this...


The inspiration for this look came from a photo by Mikkel Vang (that I believe was for Gourmet Magazine), which I immediately tore out and tucked away for such a celebration. I wanted to recreate an organic-meets-hacienda style tabletop with a touch of glamour (of course!).

Pink peonies would be a must - preferably those really dark ones - tucked into a variety of glass vases and scattered down the table along with lots of candlelight. And, the paper mache bird makes for a sweet little gift at each setting, while the gold and wood contrasts have me swooning! Won't you join me for a summery evening on the patio? It's quite warm enough in Seattle (believe it or not) for us to stay out until the sun goes down!

*1. Gold rimmed dish via Vivre *2. Paper Mache 'lovebird' favor for guests from Anthropologie *3. Acacia wood appetizer plate at Crate & Barrel *4. Perfect pink linen napkins from Make My Table *5. Bronzed candle via Zara Home *6. Organic inspired glasses at Velocity *7. Twig flatware from VivaTerra.