THE ESPELETTE TABLE

Pop quiz hot shot: How do you know when you've entered a truly fabulous hotel?
When they hire someone as talented as Ken Marten to create gorgeous floral designs like this one for their little bistro. This table at The Espelette restaurant in The Hotel Connaught is a constantly rotating piece of inspiration that has been documented in a set of amazing photos on flickr that I was so happy to have stumbled upon!
Can you imagine having gorgeous arrangements like these all year long? I love the use of varying heights, the beautiful colors, and the technique of bunching the same flowers in each arrangement - it helps create a bold palette.
If you're looking for a little inspiration for your own holiday arrangements, then I would stop by his flickr page for a dose! I especially love the look of lush greens in polished (or even tarnished!) silver...
And of course, drooling over this palette of greys, greens and rich blues. This may be my own tabletop inspiration for the holidays this year... I sense a tabletop post coming on...